I eat a lot of chicken.
I like it.
With now being a working Mom and trying to be sure I make healthy meals for my kids and it requires me to plan and have easy weeknight meals ready to go.
Foil packets are one thing that fits that description.I make them the night before, or morning of, place on a cookie sheet or in 13×9 baking dish in the fridge, then I am ready to go and to put them in the oven or on the grill as soon as I come home.
Chicken Quick Night Foil Dinner Packet
Makes 1 serving
- 12 x 12 sheet of heavy aluminum foil
- 1 chicken Breast
- onion slices
- mushroom sliced
- summer squash
- Cajun seasoning
- Heat oven to 400 or if using grill to medium high heat.
- Layer veggies on the foil.
- Add chicken.
- Sprinkle with seasoning
- Bring up 2 sides of foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion.
- Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packet on grill over medium heat. If using oven, place in oven on cookie sheet or glass baking dish and cook 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Cover grill; cook 20 to 25 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Place packet on a plate.
- Cut large X across top of each packet; carefully folding back foil.