There are days when all food just does not appeal to me.
Then there are days when EVERYTHING looks good.
However with having had weight loss surgery not everything will agree with me.
Even being 3 years out things can and do change daily.
One day things are good the next I cannot tolerate a particular food.
One thing that has been pretty constant that I have been able to tolerate and that is cheese.
Good thing I like, no LOVE cheese!
I can and do sometimes do eat it…
Here is one of my kids favorite things that includes cheese.
Crispy Creole Potatoes
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 large potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Creole seasoning
- 2 c fave shredded cheese
- Place bacon on a baling sheet with a good lip, so bacon grease stays on sheet while cooking.
- Turn oven to 400 and cook for 15-20 minutes, depending on the crispiness of the bacon you prefer.
- Put bacon on paper lined plate, save the bacon grease in the pan.
- Pour the potatoes and onions on the pan and mix with the bacon grease. Coat them well.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and mix again. Make sure the potatoes and onions are spread out in single layer.
- Place in oven and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove and mix, you do not want them to stick to the pan.
- Place back in oven and cook another 15 minutes.
- Chop bacon while potatoes are cooking.
- Remove from oven, mix again, unsticking any potatoes or onions that are sticking.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add bacon, combine well.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes, watch the cheese does not burn.